January 26th, 2024
How to Celebrate Valentine's Day in San Francisco
You did it! You’ve booked your stay at Stanford Court to surprise your partner with a romantic getaway to San Francisco – we're so excited for you! Now the hard part: planning the perfect itinerary. With its stunning scenery and unique neighborhoods, the City by the Bay offers an abundance of experiences to set your heart aflutter. Whether you’re looking for intimate dining experiences or adventurous outings, fun date ideas with a partner or solo date ideas to treat yourself to, San Francisco has everything you need to make your Valentine’s Day in San Francisco unforgettable. Here’s your itinerary for a romance-filled day from sunrise to sunset:
Step 1. Breakfast
Since you planned this perfect Valentine’s Day vacation escape to the San Francisco Bay Area in advance, we know you included our Stanford Court Romance Package as part of your stay. (Don’t worry it’s not too late to request an amenity – let us know!) That means you get to wake up to our gorgeous city views and enjoy a custom crafted sweet and savory breakfast for two from the comfort of your room. If not, worry not! Our dining options include a breakfast buffet located at The Mixing Room. Enjoy an assortment of fresh baked pastries, fresh seasonal fruits, breakfast deli meats & cheeses, eggs and more (available from 6:30 – 10:30 AM), as well as our complementary coffee bar available from 6:30AM – 1PM. Make sure to fuel up for the adventures ahead!
Step 2. Your Adventure
Now that you’re all set to go you need to make sure you plan the best options catered to your valentine to make the day extra special. Choose from the following ideas, based on interests:
For the Adventurous:
- Sail away on a romantic cruise: Whether you want a rugged sea adventure or a smooth, catered sail with drinks – Pier 39 offers boat rides of all kinds! Set sail and enjoy the breeze and stunning views and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Glide through the city on a tandem bike: Explore the city's unique neighborhoods and charming streets on a tandem bike. It's a fun and active way to see the sights and bond with your partner!
- Soar to new heights with a helicopter tour: Get a bird's-eye view of San Francisco's iconic landmarks and breathtaking scenery with a thrilling helicopter tour. It's an unforgettable experience that will leave you both speechless.
- Get swept away by a live performance: Immerse yourselves in the magic of live music, theater, or dance at one of San Francisco's renowned venues. From the San Francisco Symphony to Broadway SF, there's something to cater to every taste.
- Surround yourself by renowned art collections: San Francisco is home to world-class museums, including the de Young, Museum of Modern Art, Asian Art Museum, Legion of Honor and the Museum of the African Diaspora. Be sure to buy your tickets in advance!
- Unleash your inner child: Spark your curiosity and ignite your imagination with a visit to the Exploratorium, a hands-on science museum packed with interactive exhibits. It's a fun and educational experience for couples of all ages – or enjoy an adult only experience after dark.
- Cuddle up for a couples massage: Unwind and reconnect with a relaxing couples massage at one of San Francisco's many spas. It's a perfect way to de-stress and pamper yourselves before a romantic evening out.
- Write love letters at Cafe Zoetrope: Channel your inner Nora Ephron and Tom Hanks at Cafe Zoetrope, a bookstore and cafe inspired by classic films. Grab some stationery, sip on coffee, and pen heartfelt messages to each other.
- Breathe in some fresh air at Lands End: Escape the city and head to Lands End for breathtaking views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Pacific Ocean. Spread out a blanket, snuggle up with your loved one, and appreciate the sounds of nature.
San Francisco is home to some of the most diverse cuisines, both modern and classic. Whether you’re hunting for specific cultural treat, iconic San Franciscan dish, or an acclaimed Michelin-starred experience – there is something to satisfy every craving.
- Indulge in a Michelin-starred experience: Treat your loved one to an unforgettable culinary journey at one of San Francisco's acclaimed Michelin-starred restaurants. From the French finesse of Saison to the Californian innovation of State Bird Provisions, there's an option to tantalize every taste bud.
- Just a short walk away – visit North America’s oldest Chinatown and discover restaurants and bakeries that have been owned by the same families since the early 1900s! It’s hard to go wrong here, but if you’re having trouble choosing just one spot, why not taste it all with a Chinatown Food Tour?
- Are you searching for the tested, the true, the reliably delicious side of San Francisco? We’ve got you covered with this list of classic SF Dining Spots that have been around so long, they are undeniably San Francisco.
It’s time to wrap up your epic adventure before coming back home to our stylish and comfortable accommodations. May we suggest a nighttime stroll through Huntington Park? Located just up the hill and across the street, Huntington Park features a replica of the Italian fountain known as the Fontana delle Tartarughe. Enjoy the stars, reflect on your relationship and plan your next adventure in our City by the Bay!
Whatever you decide to do, you can’t go wrong with the best restaurant menus, romantic bars, and overall experiences here in our wonderful City by the Bay. Happy Valentine’s Day!